Discovering the pros of a tankless water heater installation can help you decide if this type of water heater is a good option for your needs. When compared to water heaters with storage tanks, tankless water heaters have a lot to offer, from significant energy savings to reducing the chances that your family runs out of hot water mid-shower.
Still, tankless water heaters are not without a few drawbacks to consider. A primer on the pros of tankless water heaters is a smart read for folks looking to convert to tankless water heater use by replacing an old, inefficient water heater to better serve the hot water demands of the household.
Pros of Tankless Water Heater Installation
The pros of tankless water heaters include the following:
- Hot Water is Instantly Available and Bountiful: Following an initial flush of cold water from the plumbing system when the tap is turned, the water that follows is hot and ready for use. What’s more, there’s plenty of it. You’ll never run out of hot water again or experience shower shock.
- Longer Service Life Than Conventional Water Heaters. The extended lifespan of tankless hot water heaters is a big draw for homeowners. Tankless water heaters can last twice as long as the average tank-style water heater — up to an additional 10 years in most cases.
- Enhanced Efficiency: Tankless water heaters may offer up to 22 percent more efficiency than tank water heaters. This can amount to hundreds of dollars saved each year. And because the tankless water heater only heats water when it’s needed, they eliminate the standby loss seen in tank heaters (which heat dozens of gallons of water and keep it hot all day long, even when it is not needed).
- Space Conservation: Tankless water heaters take up less room than storage tank models and can even be wall-mounted in some instances.
- Tax Perks: Federal, state, and local governments often give tax credits to offset the cost of installing a tankless water heater.
- Peace of Mind: You don’t have to worry about using up all the hot water in the shower. Tankless water heaters provide a never-ending supply of hot water to keep the whole family happy!
The Bottom Line
Learning the pros of tankless water heaters helps homeowners get a clearer picture of what this type of water heater offers and whether or not they should convert to a tankless water heater. Reach out to us for a tankless water heater upgrade in Rochester now.